Sunday, January 25, 2009

The boy I married

I would have put up a better picture, but he's asleep now, so I don't want to go rummaging for old pics and wake him up! Even though it isn't even February yet, I'm getting the jump on celebrating God's gift to me of love and romance. We were so young. Dave was 21 and I was 20. We have grown together while we have finished growing up together. We aren't who we were then. So much has happened to us. We left some of our own dreams behind, as they were replaced by the dreams God had for us. We have been bless richly in experiences and probably have many more coming.

Dave is best described as a passionate person. When he works, he works hard. When he plays, he plays hard. He throws himself fully into all he does. He loves passionately.

Dave is the guy who bought a big suburban to drive neighborhood kids to Awana
He's the guy who rushed out repeatedly, in the middle of the night, to help my grandpa up off the floor.
He's the guy who will watch a neighbors baby without hesitation.
Dave is the guy who volunteers to drive to Caldwell and pick up my grandma for family get togethers.
He's the guy who has slow danced with me in the kitchen.
Dave is the guy who goes on school field trips.
He has always taken his kids to work when ever he could.
Dave volunteered to carpool other small kids to therapy when there transportation services were cut.
He took tender care of his mommy.
Dave sold his boat and bought me a bigger house.
He is never daunted by a confrontation, a hurt, a difference.
And he plays me love songs on the guitar.
Dave will get down on his knees and pray for anyone at any time.

Thank you Lord for this gift you have given me.

1 comment:

  1. Dave can play the guitar?! I didn't know that!! And he plays you songs, that's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete